More Baby Knitting

9:19 PM , 1 Comments

My hairdresser, who is lovely and I see quite often (I'm cursed with premature grey hair - I'd look older than my mother-in-law if I let it show!) had her first baby a little while ago.


And, in my usual fashion, I knit a baby gift for her that took me a month to actually give.


Though, in my defense, she did have the baby a whole month early!  So, technically the gift wasn't really that late.


I had wanted to give it to her at my last appointment before she went on maternity leave but hadn't sewn on the last three buttons and blocked it.  But she wasn't there for that last appointment anyway, because her little man had been impatient to meet his mum!


So, you want to know the pattern details of course!
The cardigan is Beyond Puerperium by Kelly Brooker; made in NB size; using Vintage Purls Sock in Abilene.  I didn't do the garter borders, but did all over stocking stitch using m1 increases (instead of the kfb) and bordered it with single crochet using left over VP Lace double-stranded.
The booties are Stream Baby Booties by Julia Noskova done in the same yarn to match.


And it's got me all a little nervous about how disorganised I'm am in preparation for our little one arriving - what if s/he decides to be early also?!  I don't even have clothes to bring him/her home in!


Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

1 comment:

  1. Oh they are just gorgeous. I am sure they will fit the baby in next to no time at all. Isnt it a little bewildering when they show up early!

    ReplyDelete

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...